Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Carrot Nut Bread

I used this recipe that I found online.  I made some changes to it and it turned out pretty good; Kevin really likes it with peanut butter on top.  I think next time instead of using all of the oil I am going to use mushy banana instead to make it more moist and healthy.  You could also use apple sauce if you don't have someone allergic to it in your household like I do.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3/4 c oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4-1/3 c milk
1 1/2 c flour - I used 1 cup white flour and 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c walnuts
1 cup carrots - about two large carrots


Directions:
1.  Cream together sugar and oil
2.  Add egg and vanilla and mix well
3.  In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts (i read if the nuts are coated in flour they are less likely to rise to the top of the bread)
4.  Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk until well blended.
5.  Fold in the carrots 
6.  Pour into a well greased bread pan

Bake for around 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees
Let cool and remove from pan

No comments:

Post a Comment