- Roughly 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms - I think I may add extra next time but I love mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- Roughly 2 tbsp chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste - be careful salting initially as you will be adding the parm at the end
1. Saute mushrooms, garlic, and onions in a tbsp or 2 of broth until soft.
2. Add rest of broth, barley, and rosemary.
3. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35-45 minutes until the broth is absorbed and the barley is soft.
4. When finished stir in Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.