Sunday, August 19, 2012

Black bean hummus

This recipe is really easy to throw together, delicious, and super healthy especially if eaten with some veggies.

Ingredients:
1 cup canned black beans - drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove minced - roasting the garlic would most likely add some extra deliciousness
1 TBS olive oil
1 1/2 TBS lemon juice - I've used lime since that is what I normally have and it works well
1 TBS white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste



Methods:
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.

*Depending how tangy you want your hummus you can either increase or decrease the lemon juice and vinegar.  I reduced it slightly from the original recipe.  I also decreased the amount of olive oil by half from the original because I didn't feel like 2 TBS was necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment