This is a delicious Kevin delicacy, it is super easy although it takes planning as the cook time is 3 hrs.
1.75-2 lbs beef short ribs
1 onion - roughly chopped
2 celery stalks - roughly chopped
3 medium carrots - peeled, roughly chopped
5 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
1 bottle red wine - whatever your fav/cheap bottle will do
1 1/2 cups - chicken broth
2 sprig rosemary - if easily available but you can do without and its still delicious
2 sprigs thyme - if easily available but you can do without and its still delicious
1. Sear the short ribs in a dutch oven or large pot with a lid that can go in the oven. You could probably cook these on top of the stove if you want as well.
2. Remove short ribs and sweat vegetables.
3. Add wine, chicken broth, and herbs and bring to a simmer.
4. Add short ribs and let simmer on the stove for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cover and place in oven at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
6. After 2 1/2 hours, remove bones (it's useful if you count when you put them in so you know how many you are looking for), replace cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes
7. Uncover and cook for an additional 30-45 minutes to allow sauce to reduce.
8. It tastes great with mashed potatoes.