Another mama Klein specialty.
3/4 c. butter
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
3 c. flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 c. milk
12 oz. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cream together butter and sugar
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add vanilla and almond extract
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt on a plate.
5. Add flour mixture alternately with milk
6. Mix in chocolate chips.
7. Grease bunt cake pan well with Crisco and flour
8. Bake for 70-75 minutes
9. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes
10. After cake is cooled you can coat it with a chocolate glaze, see below, although I prefer it without the glaze.
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. boiling water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c. powdered sugar
1. Combine choc. chips and boiling water until smooth
2. Add cinnamon and mix well.
3. Add powdered sugar one heaping TBSP at a time.
4. Refrigerate 20 min or until desired consistency