I know that the thought of sweet potatoes in burritos does not sound that appetizing but these ended up actually being pretty good not to mention super healthy. They freeze really well, you can pop them straight into the microwave from the freezer and you are good to go. They are especially good with a little fresh salsa. This recipe makes 4 large burritos.
1 onion - chopped
2 clove garlic - minced
2 cups black beans - you can probably use whatever bean you like best, but black beans are my favorite
2/3 cup water
1 TBS chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1 1/4 tsp mustard
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 TBS soy sauce
1 1/3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes - I just cooked 1 large sweet potato in the microwave until it was soft and then removed the insides and mashed em together
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1. In a medium bowl, mash beans. This sucks I like to use a pastry cutter but a fork works too.
2. Heat oil and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans.
3. Gradually stir in the water and heat until warm
4. Remove from heat and stir in chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce.
5. Divide the bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas. Top with cheese and fold up tortillas.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes in a oven preheated to 350 degrees.