Monday, July 30, 2012

Black bean and corn salad

This is a delicious summer dish that can be used as a dip and eaten with chips or made more into a meal/side dish by eating it over bulgur.  You can really put in whatever summer veggies you like.  I think avocado would be delicious in it but Kevin is now allergic so I leave it out.  I didn't follow all the measurement guidelines in the recipe to a T I just added things until it looked like it was enough.  For example I think I only used like 3/4 of a can of beans.



Ingredients:
1/5 c lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2-1 clove garlic - minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cilantro
small slice of jalapeno - remember you can always add more so I normally add a little at a time
1 ear fresh corn - cut kernels from cob
1/2 red bell pepper - chopped
1small  tomato - chopped
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
3 green onions - chopped


Methods:
1. Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cilantro, and jalapeno in a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. In a bowl combine all other ingredients, pour dressing over, stir, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment